Friday, May 11, 2007



The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life
But in my heart I know
The love I feel is deep and real
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of YOU!
(Unknown)


Mother's Day is upcoming, and I just wanted to let my girls know how blessed I am to have them as my daughters. I love both of you SO much, and I can't imagine my life without either one of you. You've taught me how to laugh, how to be unselfish, how to be playful again, how to enjoy life in ways I would never have been able to even dream about! Most importantly, you've taught me how to LOVE. This love is everlasting - it will carry us into eternity.

God chose me to be your mom. There may be times you hate me, think I'm too strict, or even just wish I'd disappear - but I want you to know that even during those times of difficulty and pain and anger, I will never leave you. I will always love you.

May God bless you and keep you safe in His graces.

5 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Mother's Day too! You're one of the moms I admire most! What an example you are for all of us to follow. Hope you had a great birthday and that tomorrow is filled with hugs and kisses from your girls.

Love you...

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

There is just nothing like a mother's love....

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger ann said...

Valerie,
Thank you for thinking of me! I hope your Mother's Day was good, too! I hope things are going well with you and your family. I'd like to ask that you keep my son, Chance in your prayers, please. He's 17 (my last teenager) and is trying to find his way right now. I've had to really stay on top of him and I don't want to push him away by being unreasonable in my expectations - but still need him to know there are consequences for the actions he chooses - whether good or bad.
I appreciate you and am glad that I "met" you. Thank you for being a friend!
annb

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Mother's Day Greetings my dear friend.

....and y'know, if you do ever get over here in the next few years, I just have to be on your list of people to see,okay? Promise!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're up to it, you've been tagged! Check out my post today.

Love ya,

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page