Wednesday, May 16, 2007



No Place Like Home

Well, I decided to take a little vacation for a few days - I'm heading up to my home town on Wednesday morning. I'll be staying with my mom's best friend - she's been like a second mother to me, and I need her so much right now. My husband's mom just had hip replacement surgery, and I plan to spend some time helping her out as well. I will visit my folks' graves, and spend some time on the beach. I'm planning to have dinner with a childhood friend - the kind of friend where you can pick up where you left off and just feel comfortalbe with each other because you have a shared history.

There truly is no place like home. I would dearly love to move back there some day - to come full circle in my life.

Next weekend, I will be meeting Rebekah and her family here in Columbus for lunch on that Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. Most of you know who Rebekah is (if not, please read her story over here at www.rebekahspage.blogspot.com ) . I'm excited to finally be able to meet them in person. They are coming to Ohio thanks to Make A Wish - they will be going to King's Island for a couple of days. So, if any of you are in the area, please let me or Rebekah's parents know that you'd like to be included in our little get-together - I think it will probably be at Chuck E. Cheese's, although we haen't formalized plans yet.

There is a lot going on here - and I haven't posted about it yet. Suffice it to say that it's all in the good Lord's hands, and I'm trusting that everything will work out according to His plan.

So, I'm off for a few days - take care, and I'll see you soon!

6 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear I am my kids mom,
you keep telling me you can correct my papers but I wonder sometimes when you miss spell words like comfortable. lol jk I love you have fun on vaction wish I didn't have class so that I could be there

love

TP

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Have a wonderful vacation, Val. It sounds lke it's going to be a very meaningful time, getting back to your roots, getting back to those you hold dear. I will pray for safe travel for you.

God Bless!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Dear TP _ Thank you for correcting my typo (I didn't REALLY spell it wrong, just switched around two letters!!!). Now., how do you spell "miss spell"????? LOL Wish you could be here, too - the sunrise this morning on the bay is just gorgeous!
Love 'ya!

Deb - Thank you. I've been here only 18 hours, and I feel at peace.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Hope you have a wonderful time, getting away and touching base with loved ones. Let me know how things go. The wedding was great, but I'm so exhausted now. Next step is hubby's operation. Will post about it soon. Sending love and hugs your way.......

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I keep knocking my heels together and saying it, but it aint getting me anywhere.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Vicki - Thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband now!

BWH - The thought of you in red heels sends shudders up my spine!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page