Friday, June 17, 2005



What a day!

Well, today was quite a day.
The phone call from the doctor's office came at 8:30a.m. - it was the nurse stating that all of TP's reports from the tissue samples came back NEGATIVE! That means that there was no evidence of any kind of pathology (cancer, hepatitis, cholangitis, etc). But, TP will require another kind of endoscopy to make sure the exterior portion the stricture is okay. After that, the doctor will determine what course of treatment she'll need, if any.
The weight of the world was taken off my shoulders upon hearing that news. I am still feeling such a sense of relief. Thank you, Lord, for giving us such a gift. I am so exhausted by all of this, so I think when I get to the beach next week, I am parking myself in front of the shoreline and not moving an inch the whole time we're there!
So, I took the kids out to lunch this afternoon, in celebration. We had so much fun, and it was great to be with them, relaxed, without being distracted by worry.
I had to volunteer at the school's festival tonight. Upon leaving, DQ told me that "you-know-who" had succeeded in calling DQ's friend a name. I can't believe this is STILL happening - especially after all we have been through at that school. I am calling the Director of Education tomorrow to see how this can be handled. So, this kind of put a damper on the day - but I guess I really shouldn't allow it to. However, DQ has been through so much this year, too; much like TP has, only in a different area of her life. Oh well........my girls will grow up to be strong young women who will be able to face adversity with courage and grace. And that is something for which to be very thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page