Tuesday, January 02, 2007



My Last Week of "Vacation"

TP is back at school, DQ returns on Thursday.

The house is a mess. Christmas decorations are still up. Old kitchen countertops will be pulled off and new ones installed on Friday, along with new sink and faucets. New refrigerator and new freezer will be delivered that day, too.

Paperwork has piled up, and even though I worked all day on trying to put a dent into it, I barely scratched the surface. Bills were paid, though. But, I am still trying to figure out how to pay the large Discover bill from Christmas.

Dog needs a bath. Now. She puked three times - thanks to eating a half a box of chocolate covered cherries. It was SO much fun to clean up after her!

I start back to CURVES tomorrow. It's a lifesaver, in more ways than one. Then, I have to pick up TP at college, as she has several doctor appointments and a hair appointment all scrunched into a four hour time period. After I take her back to school, I need to take down the Christmas decorations and do some ironing.

I've scheduled a "day off" for Thursday, but I have to take all the stuff out from underneath the sink, because of the sink and countertop installation on Friday, and take out all the food from the old freezer and figure out what to do with it and the food in the current refrigerator due to the delivery on Friday. It should be an interesting feat. I also have to call a lawyer in regards to a subpoena I received where I am supposed to testify at the end of January. Wonderful. Patient/therapist confidentiality is quite a constraint. I'm sure the attorney won't go easy on me, either. Who knows - maybe I'll end up in jail. Hey, I could use a vacation, don't 'ya think?!

I start back to "work" on Saturday. I can't wait - I need a break!!!!

9 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Girl, you're going to need a vacation from your vacation! I hope you get everything done AND maintain your sanity!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger TC said...

Hoping you get everything done that you need to.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Attorneys and psychotherapists should both render services free of charge, don't ya' think?

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Dang it! I knew I should have bought a new fridge instead of cleaning out the old one. You're so lucky! :-)

And honey, if jail is sounding like a good vacation idea you seriously need a trip to Mexico!

(But it sure is good to have you back.)

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Val, this too shall pass!

By June, you'll hardly remember the pressure, but you will still be enjoying the new frig, countertops, sink, etc.

Btw, I can sympathize with you. We start digging a new foundation for a sunroom next week and expect (about) 2 weeks to complete the exterior, then we're putting in a tile floor. Ah, remodeling :-)

6pence

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sheryl said...

Whew! You are a very busy girl. I hope it all gets done! I have weeks like that, but usually the impossible get done.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

CJ - Thanks! But does any mom of teenagers EVER maintain her sanity?!

TC - I haven't heard from you in ages!!!! I'm SO happy you visited today.

Kevin - Heh. Yeah. You'd be amazed at how much money I made last year - especially after paying malpractice insurance, rent, conference fees, taxes, etc. I think I made about $5.00 an hour. Seriously.

Jules - But look at the process you went through as a result of cleaning out your old fridge - I think you got a better deal than I did.

6pence - Thanks for your moral support. Five years ago we did a sunroom and finished off the basement. I said "never again". I lied.

Sheryl - Yes, we are all busy - I guess I honestly wouldn't have it any other way, if truth be known. However, I could do without the subpoena!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Carol ReMarks said...

WOW! I thought my days were full. Good luck!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Dear one, I have wanted to get over here for so long!

I pray that you have had a good Christmas and that the year ahead will be filled with all things to quench the very soul of you. May God's blessings pour out upon you.

Be Blessed!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page