Thursday, November 23, 2006



A Thanksgiving Greeting

I am in the midst of preparing a meal and getting the house ready for company. The potatoes are peeled, the pumpkin pie and apple pie and cranberry salad and Waldorf salad and pumpkin bread and sweet potato casserole have all been made, and the turkey is in the roaster.

There is so much for which to be thankful - my daughters and my husband, my friends and family, my health, my daughter's continued remission from lupus, my husband's job and my job, a warm home, a tiny dog named Katy who is permanently attached to my leg with Velcro, and my blogging friends from all over the world. Of course, these are just the tip of the iceberg of God's blessings which appear throughout everyday life as tiny miracles - the miracle of a beautiful sunset, of a warm hug, of an unexpected kindness from a stranger, of a dog's excitement when her mistress comes home, of healing from life's hurts. The list is vast and endless.

So, today is about giving thanks for God's faithfulness and graciousness, for His protection and comfort, and for his love and forgiveness. May God bless you and yours, and keep you safe within His graces. Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!

7 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I hope you are having/had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Val.
It is always great to reflect on the things we do have in our life, rather on the things we don't have.

I am too, thankful for God's love for me, my family - close and far, my friends and the blogging community.

May God continue to bless you and yours until we meet Him in heaven.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Don't forget to enjoy yourself. I would hate to see you go all Martha on us.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

And a very happy Thanksgiving to you, Val. It's a blessing to me to know you and be a part of your online life.

Now pass me some leftovers!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger TC said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog .. enjoyed reading it, take care!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Iris - I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too. I also wanted to thank you for your new devotional blog - it is great!

Hey BWH - My first name is actually Mary - so there!!!

Jules - I just used up the last of the turkey and made some turkey noodle soup. I'd send you some, but I don't think the postman would appreciate that!

Tyra - I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I'll come and "visit" you to see how it went!

Kevin - You, too, my friend.

East of Oregon - Thank you! Will you be starting up a blog soon?

HB - Spoken like a true Canadian!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

The love that you have for your family just radiates from your blog! I love that!

I know this is a bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page