Sunday, January 28, 2007



The Prodigal Daughter

What is going on here?!

Whatever has inspired this transformation, I certainly like it!!! (Ok, I know that prayer had everything to do with it).

TP has been here this weekend, and I must say, the "old" TP has returned. The happy, giggly, bubbly one who gives me hugs and kisses and says "I love you" randomly. I've missed her a lot the past year. TP had become argumentative, defensive, secretive and known to not tell the whole truth. She went through a difficult phase as a result of some bad influences on her, and I have been quite worried and have spent many nights in tears, with prayers for her return on my lips constantly. I noticed some subtle changes beginning when she was home at Christmastime, but since she returned to school earlier this month, I've noticed her kind and loving nature returning, coming back in full force.

She has been working hard at school, going through "rush" in order to bid on a sorority, and seems to have found a good balance between her academic life and her social life. But most of all, it seems like she is back on track with her spiritual life.

Welcome back, TP. You've been missed! Like the Prodigal Son, you have returned.

14 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger ann said...

Praise God! I rejoice with you in the return of your "old" TP! I also went through the experience when my 18-year old daughter left for a year and had nothing to do with the family. It was heart-breaking for us, but she had to make the choice, on her own, to return. She did return and was once again, her old self as well.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

PRAISE JESUS!!!!! I know she has been heavy on your heart, and I rejoice with you, sister!!! I can't imagine the ache that must've been in your heart....and the temptations to fear. Blessed be the Name of our LORD for His unspeakable kindness and grace!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Come on, you know what I'm going to quote: Proverbs 22:6.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Ann - All I can say is what a relief it is. I feel like I've aged 20 years in this past year! I'm so happy to know that your daughter came back, too.

Shawnda - Amen. The Lord has been faithful in so many ways. Thanks for your loving support.

Jeff - I can always count on you to come up with exactly the right thing to say!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger ukok said...

Thanks be to God for he is good and his mercy endures forever!

I am so pleased for you that you are once again seeing the beautiful, vibrant, compassionate young woman that you knew always existed but was temporarily overshadowed.

Stresses of motherhood are one of the reasons I dye my hair...I am grey, grey, grey beneath this peroxide, I tell yer!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger TC said...

Glad to hear everything is turning around for TP.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Ditto to everything said.....a praise to Jesus that she is coming back to family and FAITH! I've only experienced "prodigalness" vicariously through friends and it is not an easy road, but one where we all lean on Jesus with friends praying, too for their return to family and Faith!......Yes!!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Half of it is that she is simply female. You are aware of how weird we can be at times. And her youth only exaggerates it. She belongs to the Lord and He'll never let her stray too far.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Woo-hoo! Doing a happy dance here with you!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Can you hear the tamborines?!!!!

Praise God!

Diane

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Ukok - I've been gray since I was in my late 20's, which was even before I came a mom - so I can't blame it on my kids. Thanks for your kind and loving thoughts.

TC - Thank you, my friend.

Jodi - "Prodigalness" - I never thought I would experience it, and I hope I don't have to go through it again. Thanks for your prayers!

STacy - I totally agree. Glad you stopped by for a visit!

Gayla - a smile to you, too, my friend.

Diana - I think you have some celebrating going on, too, don't you?!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the way you think, stacy.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


I've been gray since I was in my late 20's, which was even before I came a mom - so I can't blame it on my kids.


So... it must be your husband's fault! :-)

Welcome home, TP. My kids are too young to have "left" yet. I know it's coming sooner rather than later, but I dread the day!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

6pence - yup, it IS all his fault!
:-)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page