Tuesday, April 15, 2008



Update and a God-Made Coincidence

It was brought to my attention that I didn't inform my readers about what transpired last week with DQ's doctor's appointment. We are going in for an EEG tomorrow morning - it should be fun trying to keep her awake from midnight until the actual test at 7:30 a.m. It's going to be an X-box marathon tonight!!! Please say some prayers for good test results - the doctor is not overly concerned that it is anything serious, thank goodness.

The other situation mentioned below is still to0 fresh and painful to talk about. All I can say is please continue to keep us in your prayers.

However, I did have a very emotional thing happen to me today. You may recall that my best friend died 12 years ago this month (on the 20th) of liver cancer. I still miss that gentle woman to this day. Well, a couple of months ago, I was searching names throughout Facebook. My friend had a very unusual last name, and she lived in Michigan. So, imagine my surprise when a 22 year old male's name came up which matched her son's name and who lived in the same city as she did. I garnered up some courage, and sent him a message, to which he didn't respond.

He finally responded today. It was a beautiful response - he talked about his mom and how much she is still missed, and he welcomed me to contact him again if I had any questions or if I wanted any information about her or if I wanted to share memories with him about her. I was sobbing by the end of his email. It was as if the heavens had opened, and God sent this message from Ruth via her son that she is at peace and that she knows the turmoil I am in and she wanted to comfort me (like she used to so many times when she was alive) and reassure me that all will be well if I trust in the Lord. What a miracle. What a gift. I'm still trembling as I write this.

Thank you, dear Lord, for touching me in this profound way.

When Ruth died, TP comforted me by giving back to me the blanket Ruth had made for her as a baby gift. Now that TP is gone, Ruth is comforting me with a different kind of blanket from above - that of her comforting words through her son and her loving presence which I can feel beside me right now.

TP - I hope you are reading this. Do you believe in miracles?

4 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! How touching that must have been, to have your friends son write back to you just exactly the words that you needed to hear/read, at just exactly the time you needed to hear/read them.

Prayers going up for you and for your girls.

(((hugs)))

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know your situation with your daughter but I too lost a daughter. I hope your pain is eased by the love you feel for your daughter and the memories of her childhood.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Oh what a wonderful "godincidence!"

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in my prayers, val.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page