Friday, April 04, 2008



Irony

It was four years ago this month that TP was developing a myriad of symptoms which proved to be Lupus Nephritis. She was a junior in high school at the time, and she spent the majority of her last quarter of that grade in the hospital or at home.

Fast forward to April of 2008, and DQ is a junior in high school now. She has started to develop a myriad of symptoms, which is leading us to an appointment with an ortho-neurologist on Tuesday. She came home from school this morning, feeling quite ill. There's a part of me that can't wait to get her to the doctor, yet another part which is dreading it. It's like the same feeling I had before TP was diagnosed - kind of an eerie foreboding, yet mingled in there was a calmness and peace. For it is all in God's hands. He is in control. Certainly, we aren't limited to just one miracle in our lives, are we?

So, there has been that issue to deal with, plus a couple of other things going on, which have led to an intense desire to (a) run away; (b) stick my head in the sand; (c) give up entirely and stay in bed indefinitely; (d) wonder why we've been attacked so often and for so long; and/or (e) just keep on praying for strength and courage and hope to get through this all.

I know I haven't been the most pleasant blogger recently. I used to be more uplifting. Now, all I seem to do is write about the stress and drama in my life. Believe me, I would do anything to NOT have all of this in my life!

Please keep DQ in your prayers, and remember Rebekah and her family, at www.rebekahspage.blogspot.com , who are awaiting results from her scan performed yesterday.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

HI Val, I think option E is the best....Option B is only for those who live near the ocean (Sticking our head in the sand)! Seriously, I will lift up you and your family in prayer often....He is always with you!!....Please see Shawnda's blog with the post entry of Don't Use this for Whiskey. The youtube thing will blow your mind and hopefully encourage you. Speaking of encouragement, how about the Rebekah miracle!!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val! I found you by way of Christian Women Online. My heart goes out to you as I have an older sister who has Lupus. The only difference is that Jesus is not her Lord and Savior. Seems to me all your responses or possible responses are honest and understandable. My prayers are with you and your daughters.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Prayers for DQ.

Prayers for Rebekah.

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if you knew but i was also diagnosed with lupus. but i am praying and i know that by Jesus' stripes i am healed. i lost two babies because of this which left me with none living. my heart aches because i wanted so much to bear my husband children. and now i'm having marriage problems. val, it all seem like a basket case for me but God says otherwise. and i'm holding on to His promises. i believe that i have a great testimony to tell someday - on how God healed me and my marriage and how God blessed us with our own children. val, all things are possible with God. i'm praying for you.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page