Wednesday, July 22, 2009



On a Wing and a Prayer

TP leaves Friday morning on a long-awaited journey to meet her birth mom in real life.

TP was adopted at birth, and we have always been open about this. Over the years, she expressed curiousity about her birth mom and a desire to meet her, and she knew that it was possible to do when she turned 21. Well, on May 4th, she had her first contact by phone with BMP (initials I will use when referring to this beautiful lady), and they have been developing a strong relationship via phone, emails, Facebook, and IM's. TP allowed me to get to know BMP by giving me her contact information, too, so it's been quite a wonderful experience getting to know this woman who gave us the greatest gift of all.

I have no qualms or reservations about this - I embrace this process without fear or anxiety. I look forward to the day when I get to meet BMP and the members of her family, too. But, I am especially grateful and excited for my daughter to FINALLY meet this woman who gave her birth, and who has loved her from afar all of these years. I am glad that TP will have all of her questions answered.

TP has enough love in her heart to love two mothers. She's very fortunate to have two moms who love her very deeply. I know that I can't ever be "replaced", and all TP wants is the opportunity to get to know and love her birth mom. She and I are growing closer once again, and I am overwhelmed with gratitude that our connection is getting stronger everyday.

So, I send you to Iowa on a wing and a prayer, my beautiful daughter. May you bask in the glow of your BMP's love and nurturing and care. May this journey bring you peace, happiness, courage and strength - may it complete the circle which began at your birth and make you "whole." I love you, and you are so precious to me. Have a safe journey, and I can't wait to see pictures!!!

And thank you, dear Lord, for bringing this about. In your wisdom, you knew the time and place that this would happen, and it is happening at just the right time in TP's life. And thank you for BPM, and our precious daughter, TP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page