Tuesday, September 26, 2006



GEOGRAPHY MEME

Jean, a wonderful fellow Catholic and counselor, tagged me to do the Geography Meme. So, here goes:

1. A place you've visited and your favorite thing there.
I'm not a traveler, folks. I've only been in six states in my life, and to Canada about four times. I grew up in Traverse City, Michigan - and now, it is my favorite place to visit. My favorite thing there is the view of Grand Traverse bay at sunset. My favorite thing to do there is visit my friends and relatives.

2. A country you'd like to visit and why.
Scotland. There is a little town there which is named after my ancestors - and I've always wanted to see what it looks like and if there are still relatives who live there.

3. A place from history you'd like to visit and why.
Hmm. . . I've always been intrigued by the period from the civil war until around 1900. I think it has to do with reading all those Laura Ingalls Wilder books over and over again when I was a child, and then again as an adult reading them to my kids. So, I would like to go back to the "simpler" days - to see if, indeed, it was simpler back then.

4. A place you know a lot about.
My home town. I used to know all the street names and where they were located (my dad was a fireman, so he could tell you in an instant the location of any street - so I picked that skill up from him).

5. A place you'd like to learn more about.
The Vatican.

6. A fictional place you'd like to visit.
This one stumped me. There are so many non-fictional places I'd like to visit before I'd want to visit a fictional place. So, I guess I'll swipe Jean's answer, and say Narnia.

Thanks, Jean, for inviting me to do the meme. Please visit Jean over at her blog, located at www.catholicfire.blogspot.com . And, I'd like to ask all of my blogging buddies out there who want to participate in this meme to please feel free to do so. It's quick and fun to do.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jean Heimann said...

Valerie,

These are great answers! I can tell you put a lot of thought into this.

I hope and pray that you are able to visit that little town in Scotland named after your ancestors someday. That would be so cool.

That would make a great story if you were to write about it.

Thanks for doing this.

God bless you,
Jean

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

I'd love to see Scotland, too. In fact my daughter spent 10 glorious days a few years ago to be in her best friend's wedding. The photos she took were beautiful!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page