Thursday, November 02, 2006



November is National Adoption Awareness Month

November is National Adoption Awareness Month! According to the North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC), "The primary purpose of Adoption Month is to raise awareness about adoption, adoptive families, and children who need adoptive homes." In particular, November 18th of this year has been designated as "National Adoption Day." This day is "a collective national effort to raise awareness of the 118,000 in foster care waiting to find permanent, loving families," per the organizer's website, located at www.nationaladoptionday.org/2006/index.asp .

I speak of my personal experiences with adoption in the spirit of Thanksgiving, over at the new edition of the CWO ezine, which can be found at http://www.christianwomenonline.net/Chosen.html . Go and get a cup of hot cocoa and browse through this wonderful magazine. Thanks, Darlene, for your hard work and dedication to making the e-zine such a success!!!

I will leave you with this poem/song, entitled "What Was I Supposed to Be?" which is the voice of an aborted child. I do not know who the author is, unfortunately.

What Was I Supposed to Be?

When Jesus walked upon the earth
on the shores of Galilee
He'd say to his disciples
Let the little children come to Me.

I wonder if up in Heaven
Do you suppose we'll see
Little children ask Him
What was I supposed to be?

CHORUS:
What was I supposed to be
What were my eyes supposed to see
And why did I taste of death
Before I even drew a breath
Or laid my head
at my mother's breast to sleep
Oh Jesus, What was I supposed to be?

REPEAT CHORUS

Was I to be a prophet used in the ministry
A doctor who would find the cure
For some terrible disease
Even if I'd been born imperfect
Why couldn't my parents see
That I'd been made perfect
When You came back for me, Oh Jesus?

REPEAT CHORUS

What was I supposed to be
Jesus, What was I supposed to be?

Thanks to the wonderful gift of adoption, my girls are finding out what they are supposed to be. . .

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger TC said...

Hope you are well.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

TC - Thanks. I'm doing much better! I hope you're feeling better, too.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page