Sunday, February 25, 2007



Happy Birthday, DQ!


She dropped into our lives one day - totally unexpected, but totally wanted and loved. We welcomed her with open arms and loving hearts, and here she will stay for all time. We are blessed by her smile, her sense of humor, her strong convictions to stick up for the underdog, and her loyalty to her family. Her smile is gorgeous, her spirit is untamed, and her faith is unwavering. She has been through some very tough times, what with the prejudice she experienced at a private school and her older sister's illness. Sometimes, she has been pushed into the background as other crises have taken my time and energy away from her, and for those times, I am truly sorry. But, I love her so deeply and profoundly, and I will always consider her my "baby".


Happy Sweet 16th, DQ! I hope this year is your BEST ever!

13 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger ukok said...

Many happy returns of the day DQ. I pray the year ahead will be one that brings you many blessings.

Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

DQ is 16 already??? Wow! Happy Birthday kiddo! Make it a really good one!!! ;-)

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little beauty is 16 - wow - where does the time go. Mine will be 15 in May...

Blessings to her and to you.

Enjoy the day... oops I hope you DID enjoy the day....

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday to the well-loved DQ. Hope she has a wonderful birthday.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

aww...happy birthday DQ!

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday DQ, and best wishes with the issues you've been struggling with lately. I don't know what those struggles are, but when I was 16 I was worried about everything. Ten years later I couldn't remember why I was worried... just have fun, be responsible and know that your parents love you.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger ann said...

Happy Birthday DQ! I hope your day is everything you wish and even blessings you didn't expect!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Happy 16th,, a big milestone in your life!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Dear Friends; I have passed on your wishes to DQ, and all she could do was just smile. Thank you! We had a lovely weekend - a party with her friends on Saturday night, and a celebration with the family on Sunday. She's such a sweetie. . .

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You're such a great mom! Did you know that my son is 15? I didn't know that they were so close in age.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Valarie, just to let you know that I've had to move my blog, Celadon Pool.

http://celadon2.wordpress.com/

This is my new address,
love
Susan

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Darlene - No, I didn't know that our kids were so close in age. I wish WE were close in age! :-)

Susan - I'll be over for a visit in a little while. . .

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno if you read this too- but if you do torment her. It's what every loved teenager should do. :)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page