Thursday, July 17, 2008



Three Months and Three Days

TP is back home - albeit temporarily until we move her into her new apartment over Labor Day weekend.

It's been three months and three days since she left. The most agonizing time of my life.

What a sweet, sweet feeling it is to know that she is safe and sound under our roof once again. And when she leaves again in August, it will be for the right reasons - it will be to spread her wings and try it on her own.

In the meantime, I shall cherish everyday she is here. And help her as she finds her footing again. And watch "Gilmore Girls" together again. And pray together as a family again.

Thank you, dear Lord, for the safe return of TP. It is, indeed, a miracle.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie

I am so very happy for you, TP and your entire family. As painful as it has been I know that you and your family will take the experiences and go forward having discovered ways and means to stay strong as individuals and as a family. You have played your cards well in the worst of times and the best is still ahead. I love the Gilmore girls, lots of lessons learned from that one! Take care and I am so gald your prayers are being answered.

Brenda

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Valerie,
Found you through CWO. I also have 2 teenage daughters (16 & 13). I can imagine the wonderful time you are having with everyone together. I'm bracing myself for the day they too will leave the nest.
I had to laugh at what you said about the Gilmore Girls. Sounds just like us. We keep a box of tissues handy. It's a great conversational lesson starter.
God bless! Enjoy your blog.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page