Sunday, June 15, 2008



Vacation Ahead!

Busy week ahead.

But, first off, a note to let you all know that I am doing fine.

I am really doing okay.

I've been through the worst two months of my life, but I have made the decision to live each day of my life, however many I have left on this earth, to the fullest. I owe it to God, to my daughter, to my husband, to the rest of my family and my friends, to honor them by giving them my very best.

After my two weeks away, I have an appointment for a full physical with my doctor. Please keep me in your prayers that all of my tests come back normal. Then, I am going to concentrate on helping to form a new bereavement ministry at church. I am going to hire a young woman (already have somebody picked out, but she hasn't agreed to it yet) to help me with my private practice. She'll be perfect with my clients, and it will help her with her degree. While she's grateful for the offer, she still has to make sure it won't interfere with a couple of other things in her life. After I hire her, I am going to work on building up my clientele, as we need some extra money coming in - what with the cost of gas and food going up, plus some unexpected medical bills, there's a little bit of pinch in our budget going on. Then, fall will be here, and the marching band season will be upon us - and I'm very excited about that!!

I'll post again before I take off on vacation - I can't wait (only a few more days!). And I'll post pictures of the puppies tomorrow, I promise!

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came upon your lovely newsletter/blog. Since the unexpected loss of my spouse/best-friend 14 months & 1 day ago, I've been working with many others similar to myself.
BUT, yours is quite refreshing !

I do have a true story to share, but let me know, if you'd like to review it. It's basically a short tale of how God had planned things for us, even when I screwed up.

Sincerely,
Sheila Joyce Gibbs

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie, you and yours are in my prayers. (You, too, Sheila.) No matter how resolved we think we are to something, we are still going to have to field that kick to our solar plexus that swamps us just as we think we are going to be ok. Only God is ok, but He invites us to draw from Him, as does the Lord's mother. That, and taking life one day at a time, and accepting the love of those who love us, is the only antidote to grief. And..I often think of St. Monica who could only pray for her child, Augustine, for many years--he simply would not listen. They were not only reunited, but in the best possible way: dual saints.

Hey, where are those puppies' pics?
:-) Oh, heck, post 'em when you get back. Enjoy.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Sheila - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I shall keep you in my prayers. Thanks for your kind comments about my blog. And yes, I would like to hear about your story - do you mind writing it in this comment section, or do you want to give me your email address so that I can get in touch with you? God bless. . .

Hush- I've been praying to St. Monica (and St. Jude) a lot lately. And yes, every now and then I do get the wind knocked out of me when I see the simplest thing which reminds me. . . of some memory which used to bring me joy but now only brings sadness because I miss her so much. Sometimes, it's one minute at a time, if you know what I mean. Thanks for your prayers and your support - it truly is a blessing to me.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page