Sunday, February 01, 2009



Update on the Video I Posted Below

A blogging buddy posted the video below, too, with the note that NBC has refused to air this ad during the Super Bowl, deeming it to be "too political".

I have sent an email to NBC, and I'm not holding my breath anticipating that they will even respond. However, since the only reason we watch the Super Bowl is because of the great commercials, we are going to boycott it and not watch it at all this year. If NBC can find it within its' power to quelch the voice of the most vulnerable of our species, then I refuse to ever watch their station again. So much for "freedom of speech" - I guess it only applies to the liberals and the liberal media/agenda.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I'm also boycotting (though the only reasons I wanted to watch were because of the ads and Springsteen at halftime!). I also let NBC know why.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger CJ said...

They say that commercial is offensive. I'm offended they find it offensive.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

This is what troubles me about our times. We Christians are not the squeaky wheel like the homosexuals and the so-called Pro-Choicers. They squawk and squawk about "rights" without thinking of those whose rights they trample, while the rest of the world tip-toes on eggshells, fearful of giving offense. I'm very sick and tired of it.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page