Tuesday, August 30, 2005



Faith

I am watching Fox News right now, and I just can't even begin to comprehend the damage that Hurricane Katrina has left behind. Loss of life, loss of homes, loss of businesses, and loss of jobs - the rebuilding process is going to take a long, long time. I am urging everyone to donate some funds to your favorite charity in order to help the victims of this disaster. And, of course, prayers will go along way to bring people the courage and strength to start all over again.

It looks like we are in the path of the storm, too. The rain has already started here - it's just a gentle rain right now, but it promises to increase in its' intensity later on. The winds are just now beginning to move the leaves in the trees. I had painted my front door on Sunday, but yesterdays' rain helped to wash it off on the bottom portion of the door - so I have quite an interesting "look" going right now! Plus, the color I thought I selected was burgundy - but guess what? It looks more like a dark fuschia/purple color. Geez - what the neighbors must think!
I am debating about whether to put another couple of coats of that color on, or just go back to the paint store and find a "true" burgundy and start all over again.

Little Rebekah is still in need of prayers. She showed signs of improving, but last night she developed a high fever of 103*. This is not good for kids whose immune systems are so suppressed from radiation and chemo. Please continue to keep her and her parents and their little baby in prayer.

There just seems to be so much tragedy in the world right now. I don't know how people go on if they don't have faith in the Lord. That is what got us throught when TP was so ill - just knowing that He was there to provide us with strength and comfort to go on. He continues to provide for us in so many ways - His blessings continue to abound. May He shine His perpetual light on the victims of the Hurricane, on Rebekah, and on all those who need His healing touch.

5 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

It's looking like I have several family members who lost their homes. It's going to be quite awhile before all is known for sure.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Paula - Thanks for stopping by! I was wondering about how all my friends in Georgia were doing. It's getting worse here now, too, but this is nothing compared to what has happened down there.

Tyra - Yes, I am quite concerned about Rebekah, too. She's come so far, and she's such a fighter!!

Stacy - Hi there! Thanks for letting me know about your family members. I'll continue to pray, and please keep us updated.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Thanks for continuing to pray for Rebekah.

It's been raining solid and heavy here in Louisville, KY since late last night, and it's forecast to continue through most of tomorrow. Glub, glub, glub...

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Rebekah has pneumonia in her lungs, isn't that sad? There is so much trouble going on this week.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Jeff - The creek in my backyard is now spilling over - I'll have to keep an eye on it the rest of the day. Thanks for stoppping by!

Darlene - It is very sad about Rebekah. I just pray she holds on!

Barbara - Welcome home! Enjoy your final few days before school starts.

Paula - You're right, I can't imagine my life without faith. Hope you have a blessed day, my friend!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page