Monday, June 26, 2006



We made a quick trip up to Michigan for a family reunion this weekend. A wonderful time was had by all - except our family dog who's been sick for the past couple of days (I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that it's not fun calling up the front desk to ask for new sheets at 11:00 at night). This reunion was for my husband's side of the family, which is large in number. My side of the family will have a reunion in August in Michigan, and it will be much smaller.

So much has been going on here, and I don't know exactly where or how to begin.

My oldest signed up for all of her college classes for the full year. This was lots of fun to do. We received notice that she received a scholarship from a state level agency which caters to the needs of people with kidney disease (which is where her lupus did most of its' damage), and the scholarship will be awarded to her tomorrow evening at their annual reception! Then, we received a check in the mail from another non-profit organization which serves nurses with disabilities! We are SO grateful to these agencies, and to the Lord for answering our prayers. There are still two more scholarships for which she has applied, and we should hear within the next two months as to whether or not she will receive any additional financial aid.

My youngest was so busy last week with working on the program for the family reunion. She did 8 seperate family trees, typed up the schedule of activities, and composed a tribute to the deceased members of the family. It turned out beautifully! She is very talented in that regard.

My hubby's birthday was last Saturday while we were at the reunion. It was so neat for him to be able to celebrate it with his parents, aunts and uncles, and cousins!

I've spent some time thinking about how I want this blog to proceed from now on. I'm still finalizing my plans, and there won't be any major changes, but just a couple of different things that I want to try. I'll let you know more after the 4th of July.

I still have about 10 days off from work yet, so I am looking forward to relaxing for a couple of days before tackling my paperwork from my practice. It just never seems to end, but if I don't do it, then I don't get paid!

I also wanted to let you know that I did receive the name of the person about whom I'll be paying tribute to for the 9/11 blog. I requested a fireman's name because my dad was a fireman, so this will add an even deeper meaning to my post. I hope all of you will consider doing this - I noticed a couple of my other blogging buddies are going to do it, too.

Gotta go and tend to a sick doggy. . .

7 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your sick doggie. it always seems to happen in the middle of the night. sigh.

the reunion sounds awesome!!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger ukok said...

happy belated birthday wishes to your beloved!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I don't know why.

But, family trees mean more to adoptees. It sort of venerates our sense of belonging.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poor little pup. From what you wrote it sounds like what my dog has had a couple of times. It is just pitiful when animals or babies are sick because they just can't help themselves or let you know how they are. Lupus is such a hard thing. A cousin and a former coworker of mine both have this and it is a struggle. Glad that she is getting some help, or I should say you are getting some help for colelge. Hope you enjoy your time off!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Congrats on the scholarships!!! Every little bit helps. Even though we have these hectic times in our lives, the ones that let us build memories are worth it. Take care.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Note to self: already decided 'no kids', add 'no dog' to list, too.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Hope you can rest and relax these next few days--you deserve it. Thought of you today and wanted to stop by with a hug.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page