Tuesday, September 26, 2006



OCTOBER IS NATIONAL LUPUS AWARENESS MONTH


lupusbutton.gif


Throughout the month of October, I will be writing posts about the different aspects of living with Lupus - how it affects the patient physically, socially, psychologically and spiritually. I am doing this to heighten your awareness of this disease.

Lupus became a household word in our family in April of 2004, when my oldest daughter was diagnosed with Lupus Nephritis.

I would like to ask you to post the image above on your blog throughout the month of October. I found this image on the Lupus Foundation of America website (www.lupus.org), which has tons of information about this devastating illness. Also, (and this is very difficult for me to ask of you), if you could find it in your heart and pocket book to give a donantion to this worthy foundation, I would be eternally grateful. It is our hope and dream that a cure for Lupus will be found in our daughter's lifetime.

A final favor - could you please do a link on your blog to this post? I'd really like to reach out to as many people in the blogging community during the month of October so that they will become more aware of this debilitating illness. Thank you, my friends - and God bless.

9 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

You bet to all three. As you know, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with lupus last Christmas so this is also very near and dear to my heart.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger ukok said...

I can't perhaps do the donation thing, but I will link to your post and I will display the button and link to the Lupus Website :-)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

(hug)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I'll post both the image (linking it to the Lupus Foundation site) and a link to your blog as soon as I can.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger CJ said...

What a great post! I had a friend who had Lupus and it is a challenge in one's life! Your daughter is lucky to have you by her side to help her through! God Bless!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I've added a note to my Breast Cancer Awareness post,and put a link in.

I'm sponsoring Suzy who is collecting money for Breast Cancer, we have a friend whose mother died of this last year.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Val, how are you? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms because you haven't posted for a few days!

Take care of yourself, my friend.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

To all of you - thank you so much!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Carol ReMarks said...

I'm trying to advertise the lupus.org website but it's down. Any idea what is happening?

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page