Saturday, November 04, 2006



From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Yours

So many wrong decisions in my past, I'm not quite sure
If I can ever hope to trust my judgement anymore.
But lately I've been thinking,
Cause it's all I've had to do.
And in my heart I feel that I
Should give this child to you.
And maybe, you could tell your baby,
When you love him so, that he's been loved before,
By someone, who delivered your son,
From God's arms, to my arms, to yours.

If you choose to tell him,
If he wants to know,
How the one who gave him life
Could bear to let him go.
Just tell him there were sleepless nights,
I prayed and paced the floors,
And knew the only peace I'd find
Was if this child was yours.

And maybe, you could tell your baby,
When you love him so, that he's been loved before,
By someone, who delivered your son,
From God's arms, to my arms, to yours.

This may not be the answer,
For another girl like me.
But I'm not on a soapbox,
Saying how we all should be.
I'm just trusting in my feelings,
And I'm trusting God above,
And I'm trusting you can give this baby
Both his mothers' love.
And maybe, you could tell your baby,
When you love him so, that he's been loved before,
By someone, who delivered your son,
From God's arms, to my arms, to yours.

~Michael McLean~

This song brings tears to my eyes. What a pure and selfless gift adoption is! Thank you, dear Lord, for the birthmothers of my girls. Please continue to bless them and watch over them, and keep them safe in your graces. Amen.

9 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

that's beautiful.....

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger ann said...

Beautiful words! Your girls are blessed to be chosen by you and to be so loved by their birth mothers. It would be so great if more moms-to-be in seemingly desperate situations could know what a great blessing adoption can be for their child, the adoptive parents and themselves!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Beautiful!

Diane

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Though there are many excellent birth parents,so many of us make such a mess of loving our children and raising them properly, we are often negligent or mistreat our children or are unkind or simply unprepared for parenthood. Thanks be to God for men and women with big hearts and arms open-wide enough to hold the extra special blessing of a child born in such circumstances.

It blesses me to know you.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Hi!

I wanted to introduce myself. I found your blog through another adoptive mom's blog. I am Gwen and my three children came to me through adoption. I'm glad to have found your site.

I have actually heard this song sung before although I can't remember where (I know it was on the internet.) It is so beautiful!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Mrs. D - It is, I agree.

Ann - My girls have already become advocates for adoption to their peers. What a powerful message they can give to girls who are considering what their "options" are when facing an unwanted pregnancy.

Diane - Thanks for stopping by!

Deb - You've been such a blessing to me, too. THanks for your friendship.

Gwen - Thank you so much for introducing yourself! I'll come by for a visit soon!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had been able to have found a way almost 42 years ago when I gave my baby boy away to a family chosen by God. These words are exactly how I felt, only couldn't find a way to express as lovely as what Michael has done. Thank you so much.
MaryLou in Colorado

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Birth Mom of Adoption said...

Thank you for post. I love this song. I keep trying to change that one line, so I can sing it for my daughter,...

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an adopted child who knows nothing of her past, why she was given up or who her biological mother was, this song has brought me so much comfort. I have always wondered what the situation was or if she cared. After hearing this song it made me realize that no matter what the situation was, she loved me enough to have me and loved me enough to give me away. Also, I wanted to thank the birth mother that commented about giving her son away 42 years ago. I needed to hear it from a birthmother. It just added so much to the comfort. Thank you again and I hope to hear those words from my birthmother one day if and when I find her. After 25 years, I have finally built the strength to start searching for her. I just hope she is as wonderful as you are.

Victoria

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page