Monday, June 02, 2008



Three Weeks in Heaven!

As mentioned in a post a few weeks ago, my youngest daughter was accepted at Interlochen for a three week Creative Writing program. Interlochen is close to my home town of Traverse City. I was only going to spend a few days up there after dropping DQ off, but I have been graciously invited to stay at my in-laws for the WHOLE three weeks that DQ is at camp. I'm at a loss for words. They have a main house across the street from their private beach with a beautiful small beach house - and I am going to plop my bottom down in that gorgeous white sand for those three weeks and do absolutely nothing. I will be surrounded by God's glorious Lake Michigan, my loving family, and some caring friends. What a time for healing, for relaxation, for regaining my strength.

Of course, it will take some coordination to pull this off - I have my own private business to worry about, plus I do the bookkeeping for my husband's small business, plus I pay our personal bills - so I will need to figure out a system on how to get things accomplished without me actually being around for that length of time. But, it's very do-able. And it's very necessary that I do this for myself. I will never have this golden opportunity again. I need to get away from all the heartache and the pain, and have my family and friends take care of me (and perhaps even pamper me a bit).

On a different note, I was the "biggest loser" at my women's exercise club over the last six week period! I lost a total of 14 pounds and 16 inches!!!! Yay! I'm wearing clothes that I haven't been able to fit into for about 5 years. I plan to continue with the weight loss at a slow and steady pace - I want to lose about twenty to twenty-five more pounds so that by the beginning of fall I will be trim again. There is a fashion show at my youngest daughter's school for which they need models, and I want to volunteer my services for that (along with DQ, who would make a gorgeous model).

In regards to TP, she is on her own. She is adamant about not ever returning home. I shall keep her in my prayers and will always love her, but she has made her choice. I still miss the young woman she once was, but the person she has become is a total stranger to me. So, please contine to pray for her. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Oh Val, that's so wonderful! You go get the rest you need and take care of yourself for a change.

I'll keep your serenity in my prayers!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page