Thursday, May 22, 2008



When Love Takes You In - Steven Curtis Chapman

I have posted this video before,which celebrates the adoption of Chapman's children (and all adoptive children),and I am posting it again because I have just heard of the tragic death of his 5 year old adopted daugther.

I can't imagine anything worse than the death of a child. My prayers are with the Chapman family as they go through this painful grieving process. I am certain God will bring them strength and comfort with the knowledge that their daughter is with her Heavenly Father.

As you know, twenty years ago I became an adoptive mom myself. I have been struggling the past 6 weeks with the rejection of my daughter. But, as the song says, "there is NOTHING that would ever cause this love to lose hope". I am still hoping and praying that TP will find her way home to us. Home.

You belong here, babe. Always. And we miss you so very much. It's like there has been a death in our family - and the grief is unbearable. I know there is nothing we can say or do to change your mind. But just know that you are loved, you are precious, and our love will take you back in as it took you in 20 years ago.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God will do all things for each of us, at the time of His choosing. To wait serenely for that time is part of faith.

There came a time in my parenting life that my expectations had to change. Nobody is dead...nobody is in jail... it's a good day.

The most difficult words to say and believe are: Thy will...not mine.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page