Sunday, February 08, 2009



It's. Been Awhile

Yes, it's been awhile since I've posted. I'm still here!

There has been a lot going on in my life, some of it's good, some not so good - but isn't that what life is usually like?

I have kind of taken a "breather" from blogging and reading other peoples' blogs for many reasons. But, I'm planning to return to a regular schedule soon.

A few milestones are coming up - DQ turns 18 in a couple of weeks, goes on her senior trip in March, and graduates in May. TP turns 21 in about 6 weeks, and will begin the search for her birth mom. I am in the midst of an exciting venture into a new ministry, which I will share with you as things fall into place. What I can tell you, though, is that this ministry is one which is near and dear to my heart, and has been a Godsend to me. It's amazing how this all fell into place - and how God placed these people into my life just at the right time. I don't believe in coincidences!

I hear from TP about once a week. I still miss her. I still pray for her constantly. There is a huge void in my life. I am functioning, but still grieving. There are times when I am overwhelmed with pain, and other times when I can laugh again and forget the tears. I still am in some disbelief/denial as I never, ever, expected our relationship to turn out this way. But, I trust in God's divine wisdom, as there is a purpose to all of this. I take comfort knowing that He is watching over her, whispering to her, and waiting patiently for her return to Him and to us.

Hope all of you have a great week! God bless you!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Great to hear from you again, Val. Cannot wait to hear more about your ministry plans. Wish the girls happy birthday for me!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger ukok said...

I look forward to hearing more about your new venture! Always good to read posts of yours, to know what is going on with you and yours, you and yours remain in my prayers. I so wish i could have that cup of tea with you, maybe, as you wrote on my facebook page...maybe someday :-)

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, Val...

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger CJ said...

That explains why I never received that email from you! Glad you are well, even with the ups and downs! Can't wait to hear about your latest ministry!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page