Friday, May 08, 2009



21 years ago today

My father died twenty-one years ago today. I remember vividly the phone call I received announcing his passing. I was holding TP in my arms in the kitchen, and I looked out the back door as I heard the soft voice say "Dad died just a few minutes ago." I put the phone down, lifted TP up, and pointed her out the door window towards the western sky where the sun was just beginning its' descent for the evening. It was a gorgeous sight, the twilight, and I said out loud "Hey, Dad - here's your littlest munchkin - you would have loved her a lot." As God takes one soul to heaven, another one is sent to earth - and that is how my Dad and TP met, that one beautiful spring evening so long ago.



I miss him, I wish he was still here, ready to sing his song to me. It is such a difficult time right now for me, and I sure could use his big bear hug to comfort me.



God bless you, Dad. Please say a few prayers for me, ok?

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

I wrote this last night in anticipation of posting it today - so the date is actually wrong on the header. My father did die on May 9, 1988.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page