Sunday, May 03, 2009



The Beginning of a New Week

DQ had her prom last night - she looked absolutely gorgeous! I will post pictures as soon as I can. She had a great time. She loves her new job! And she has only 17 more days of school left. Hard to imagine! I have mixed feelings - but I am so excited for her and her future. She has a lot to offer and is VERY focused on what she wants in her life. I'm very, very proud of her.

We found out that my sweet little Bichon, Katy, has the beginning stages of kidney disease/failure - it's called nephritis. We are putting her on a diet and she will have additional blood work done in 3 months to see where she is at. I can't imagine life without my Katy - she is my constant companion who follows me everywhere. But, hopefully, the progression will be slow, and we will have a couple of more years with her yet.

This week promises to be a busy one. Graduation announcements need to be addressed, senior pictures ordered and paid for, the collage of DQ's life put together for her graduation open house, continued work on spring housecleaning, doctors appointments, getting back to exercising, etc. I have decided that I need to get back to the land of the living and not wallow in my sorrow anymore. I shall be a watchwoman, as in the story of the Prodigal Son, waiting patiently and watching out the window for my daughter's return.

I am visiting a friend this week who has cancer - she's a little bit older than myself and has a daughter the same as as DQ. It will be a difficult visit for me, as she needs me to be strong for her - but I am feeling so vulnerable and worn-out right now. Please say some prayers for her, and for me so that I know how to help her with exactly what she needs right now.

A week from today is Mother's Day, and it's also my 39th birthday! LOL! I love it when my birthday and Mother's Day fall on the same day - it just makes that whole day just SO special. Of course, it will be a bittersweet occassion this year, what with TP gone. I shall miss her presence and her hug and her loving words, but I hold the memories so deep in my heart, and they will help me to get through the day. And, DQ has something special planned for me that day, as she realizes I may have some difficulty at times throughout the day. She's so sensitive to my needs and my mood - she's helped me out a lot over the past year. Thanks, sweetie!

I hope all of you have a great week! I may not update much this week because it will be such a busy one, but soon I shall have an exciting announcement to make! THanks for your continued prayers and support - I appreciate it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page