Wednesday, August 31, 2005



The Blame Game

The purpose of my blog is usually to chronicle my experiences as a Christian and as a Mom and a Housewife. I intentionally steer clear from controversial subjects most of the time, because they tend to be very divisive. Especially politics. But I can't be silent on this development because I find it so reprehensible and disgusting. It made me literally sick to my stomach when I read this article earlier this morning.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., is now blaming President Bush and the governor of Mississippi, Haley Barbour, for Hurricane Katrina. I became aware of this article through Drudge Report, and it can be found at www.huffingtonpost.com. How a person can politicize an act of Mother Nature is beyond me. When people are grappling with basic survival needs, it is immoral for a politician - ANY politician - to write this kind of crap. He should be ashamed. Ashamed. The time for political debate and mudslinging is NOT when the nation is in crisis, when millions of people are homeless. I am sick.

Please, please continue to pray for little Rebekah, too. She has developed pneumonia, and her family is awaiting the results of cultures which will determine the appropriate course of treatment.

Also, please pray for my husband, who is in the process of finding a new job. His company is being bought out, so here we go again. We've had a rough go of it in terms of job security since 9/11 - but at least this time, the job market is much better.

And, of course, pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. What I face on a daily basis comes nowhere near what they are going to be facing for months and years to come.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

You're "spot on" about the Kennedy thing. As for the husband, what does he do for a living and where does he want to do it? Put it out there! One never knows who reads your blog! Give the man some help! : )

And as for the people in the wake of Katrina, how unbelieveable. I feel like you - that I have no place to complain for a long, long time. I'm dry, I'm clean, and I have power and water. AMEN.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Dr. SooZ said...

Your blog today says so much, and yeah...its time we all pull together and stop playing political blame games. I will pray with you.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page