Friday, December 14, 2007



Time for Changes

I'm officially on vacation until after the first of the year. The one nice thing about being self-employed is that I can take time off whenever I want to - but the downfall to that is I don't get paid for vacation time. However, I'm really looking forward to the next three weeks where I can spend time with family, putter around the house, cook good meals, get caught up on a few things which I've neglected, and reflect on the true meaning of this season.

The song I posted prior to this entry says it all - there is so much to be thankful for, and I tend to forget that very easily. God has richly blessed my life, and I haven't done enough to show my appreciation to Him. I take things for granted far too often, or I complain about things when I should be trying to look at how to improve myself or the situation. I tend to be very self-centered and selfish. I withdraw and hibernate rather than reach out to others.

So, I am going to take some time over the next three weeks to ponder what changes I need to make within myself and make a plan for the New Year wherein I focus on giving back rather than taking all the time. As the song says "It's up to us [me] to be the change". . .

7 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger TheHappyNeills said...

i have peeked in on your blog from time to time via comments left on shawnda's. i pray this time off is exactly what you need and that the Lord speaks clearly! blessings!

kendra
2 homegrown, bringing home 2 from kyrgyzstan

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you for popping by... I've been so remiss lately about posting.

I pray that your Christmas is merrier than ever and that God looks you full in the face and smiles on you.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger ann said...

I love coming to your site - and especially those times when we seem to think alike! I have just posted about my weekend and how I have started going through my Mom's things after all these months. I think I'm ready for some healing and ready to move ahead! I will be off work all next week - also with no pay! But it's a week off for Christmas! I'm excited to have the time off when I don't have to go to the doctor or take someone else to the doctor or because I'm sick or have an appointment - I just get to be off and be at home! I hope you enjoy your three weeks and are able to spend some great planning and reflecting time!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

val, what a surprise! i'm really glad to see you! thanks for remembering me and my husband in your prayer. i pray to God that this ordeal will soon come to an end. i don't just want to know that my marriage is victorious, i want to see it victorious. and your prayer means a lot. thank you, val. you're so sweet.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger ukok said...

You are such a beautiful person Valerie!

I hope you will find these weeks a wonderfully enriching time. I pray for you a much blessed Advent and Christmastide.

God Bless you and yours, my friend.

(((hugs)))

Deb X

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Kendra - Welcome to my blog, and thank you for your kind words. May you and yours have a blessed holiday season!

Gina - Hi, my friend! Thank you for your Christmas prayer - I hope you have a wonderful time this year, too!

Ann - What's the old saying - Great minds think alike!!! Enjoy your time, too, although I am certain it will be rather bittersweet. I'll keep you in thought and prayer.

Pia - That is my prayer as well. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Deb - I hope you and yours have a blessed holiday season, too. I've beenthinking about you a lot lately. You're a special friend.

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, val. i don't know what else to do but pray.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page