Sunday, May 11, 2008



Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to all of my blogging buddies out there. I just read an article which said that a mother is "worth" $117,000 a year. Bah. You can't put a price on motherhood. Besides, our favorite methods of "payment" would be things like hugs, kisses, obedience, appreciation, respect, and watching our children follow God's will in their life rather than doing what they want to do and disregarding their faith and their values.

It was painful to be at church today without my oldest beside me. This is the first mother's day that has ever happened. I cried for this loss as I took Communion. I know the gift that I want most in the world today will not be given. But my youngest, God bless her, stroked my back and comforted me. She's been through a lot, too, and is feeling the loss of her oldest sister. She cried, sobbed, last night for the first time.

I am still grateful to be my kids' mom. Despite the pain and hurt I have gone through recently, I still wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. Like I said earlier, you can't put a price on motherhood. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat! Thank you, dear Lord, for my children, whom I love very much. Thank you for their birthmoms - wherever they may be. And thank you for this precious gift of motherhood.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy mothers day, val. God knows the desires of your heart. God will see you through. hang in there.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Valery. Prayers for you.

Your posts have been really touching to me lately. I wonder if my mother hurt like this when I left. It was under much different circumstances though. Its just, reading your posts and seeing how much you hurt, it makes me wonder if I hurt her this much. And if she didn't feel this way (because she has never shown it to me) how could she not have? I don't know how I could handle it if one of mine left and it was possible that I would never see them again.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page