Sunday, September 18, 2005



I've Been Tagged!

This is my "first time" being tagged, so please be gentle with me! HeyJules at www.faithorfiction.blogspot.com so graciously nominated me for this honor, so here goes. . .

5 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die
1). Watch my girls get a college education, get married eventually, and provide me with grandkids (and yes, in that order!).
2). Decide between getting a Masters of Divinity or working on A Great American Novel (watch out, Theodore Dreiser).
3). Spend one week, by myself, in a fully-equipped beach house by the ocean (I'm not into roughing it).
4). Volunteer more of my time towards those in need
5). Read the Bible from beginning to end, without jumping all over the place

5 Things I Can Do
1). Play piano
2). Be firm, but gentle, with discipline
3). Listen between the lines when people are talking
4). Help my kids with their English and Statistics homework
5). Teach my dog how to sing "Silent Night" (and you DON'T want to hear that!).

5 Things I Cannot Do
1). Vote Democrat (sorry, Jules! - but we love each other, anyway!).
2). Water ski (I end up on my belly everytime).
3). Watch Reality TV.
4). Help my kids with their Algebra and Geometry homework.
5). Drink alcoholic beverages (and that's perfectly okay with me).

5 Things that Attract Me to the Opposite Sex
1). Strong yet gentle personality
2). Smile
3). Sense of humor
4). Secure in who he is without being conceited
5) Being kind to all women and kids

5 Things I Say Most Often
1). Ya know
2). uh
3). girls, are you done yet? (or, are you ready yet?).
4). I love you to God, my hubby, and my kids
5). Thank you, God

5 Celebrity Crushes
1). Michael Landon (ok, I know he died several years ago, but he still was a good looking guy).
2). Dennis Quaide (the smile - I melt).
3). Denzel Washington (sweet).
4). Viggo Mortenson (not sure of the spelling - but that's not important when gazing into his handsome face).
5). James Caviezel (those eyes are incredible - the bod's not too bad, either).

5 People I Want to Do This Next:
Oh gosh, I guess I'll choose:
1). Paula at www.believengod.com

2). Darlene at www.wwjblog.blogspot.com
3). Jeff at www.thinksink.blogspot.com
4). Stacy at http://notadesperatehousewife.mu.nu
5). Barbara at www.beingbarbara.com
And any of my other blogging buddies, if they want to!

7 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Okay, I'll get to it. This is a good one, it's one that we can really get to know you better.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Michael Landon was quite a man, probably the most appealing man in show business ever. He was not only handsome and charming, but his role as Pa Ingalls was every woman's dream. Obviously I agree with you on that one.

Thanks for the tag, but I think I'll have to pass, I probably won't be posting for a few days.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Actually, I'd love to hear your dog sing :)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Ladies:

Stacy - that's why I decided to go ahead and do this one, too.

Darlene - yup, even though he didn't stay true to form with the Ingalls' story, I still liked the story and the man. And it's okay about passing - I know all your time over the next few days is going to be spent working on my new blogskin!!!!

Nettie - We sing in harmony. It's worse than hearing a new piece of chalk on a chalkboard.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

That was great! And yes, despite political opinions, we are indeed friends. Matters not to me who someone votes for...only that they vote their conscience! The rest God takes care of (IMHO.)

Thanks for playing! : )

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I've answered.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

You tagged Jeff. Jeff tagged me. We both tagged Stacy and Darlene. But Darlene won't do it for either of us. Go figure. I'm looking forward to Stacy doing this. I also tagged stacy's freind worm. He is funny. But don't hold me accountable for his language. I'm actually impressed that you like little Joe. Only one of mine has any character. When it comes to celeb women, it is real slim pickin'.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page