Sunday, September 03, 2006



A Time for Remembrance

It is the week before the fifth anniversary of September 11th, 2001.

It is the week which my daughter will be leaving to go to college.

Mixed in there is a lot of different emotions - a lot of different memories.

I plan to focus on both events throughout this week. I am part of the "2996 Remembered" , which is a community of bloggers who are posting a memorial of a victim on their sites. I asked for a NYC fireman because my dad was a fireman. Every little girl's nightmare is to find out that her daddy didn't make it out alive from a burning building, so it is an honor to let you know about this man's life. His memorial will be posted next Sunday.

In the meantime, here is a video which I've linked to before. It's very powerful and riveting - it takes you right back to the terror and horror of that day, along with the strong resolve that WE MUST NEVER FORGET! It can be found at www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html .

God bless.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I look forward to it, Val- what a neat project, and way to remember.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

September 11, 2001 was my 30th birthday. I will never forget that day. :(

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Nettie - I think it's a great idea, too. It's an honor to participate.

Mrs. D - Oh my, now sad. My dad died the day before my 34th birthday, so it's just never quite the same after that.

HB - You've been missed, my friend!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page