Monday, July 30, 2007



A Prayer-athon for a Young Mother and Her Son

A young mother's heart is very anxious tonight. A court hearing on Thursday will determine if she is able to retain custody of her child, whom she has raised since he was an infant and he is now a pre-teen.

The anguish she is feeling must be very akin to the anguish I felt when I thought TP was dying - but even more so because I knew that if TP did die, then I realized she was going to a place which was safe and beautiful beyond our wildest imaginings. Not so for this mother, for her son will be ripped from his loving home and into an environment where it sounds like the people will do all they can to turn him against his mother. As a result, who knows what will happen to this young man and his future.

Tonight, I told my friend "In the midst of this nightmare, hold on to the knowledge that you have a clear conscience of knowing, without a doubt, that you have done nothing wrong. The only thing you have done is fight a glorious and painful battle for your son. No matter what the outcome is, you have done the right thing, while what they have done is evil and cruel - and they will have to face God as their judge when all is said and done. So, for the next several nights, I want you to concentrate on the fact that you have been a valiant warrior for your son, that you have done all that you can do to protect him and keep him from harm, and that your love will ALWAYS abide in his heart - that is one thing they can NEVER, ever take away from him. Hold on to your faith, for God is right there beside you, willing to comfort you and give you strength to go on".

For several years, I used to write court-ordered evalutions for familes and make recommendations based on my findings and my professional knowledge of what is in the best interest of a child. I had to quit that job due to the gut-wrenching anguish I would feel, knowing what was going on within families who did unspeakable things to their kids, or who would use kids as a pawn against each other. In this instance, I can't imagine that a court would take this son away from his mother. I pray that my gut instincts are right in this matter.

This young woman should not be going through what she is going through right now. More importantly, her son shouldn't have to be faced with being yanked away from his mom.

Please, please keep this young woman in your prayers over the next few days. She finds out on Thursday of the judge's decision. In the meantime, also say a prayer for her lawyer to have a change of heart about the financial demands she's placing on my friend. Please mention this post to your other blogging friends so that we can have a prayer-athon going on for her and her son - do a link, or whatever it's called :-)

Thanks, my friends!

11 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Imperfect Christian said...

Val, I just read your words this morning and, again, I cannot state how much it means to me. Thank you for your prayers. The power of prayers is amazing...I appreciate every word sent up on our behalf.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jodie said...

Val-
Thanks for the awesome post. I have linked it on my blog. Prayers are headed her way!!!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I'll pray for the young woman and her counsel, that they both get their due, no more, and no less.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Paula said...

You are a doll! Such a great friend and encourager to all of us. I am going to be praying fervently for CJ. Thanks for being there for her.

Love and hugs,

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I also just tagged you over on my blog, Val. Turnabout is fair play, right?

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just reading that made my heart hurt...I cannot even think of how this young lady and her son feels. I do believe in the power of prayer and will be praying for them.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

CJ - You're welcome, sweetie. Just keep on having faith. God will take care of the rest.

Jodie - Thanks for the link! I enjoyed visiting your blog today.

Kevin - Your support and prayers mean a lot, my friend.

Paula - You've been a good friend to her (and to me), and for that, I am grateful.

Kevin - What you wrote about me was so touching. I'm at a loss for words. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. For the rest of my readers, please go over to Kevin's blog and read what he had to say about me and a few other fellow bloggers, including the Anchoress and Dr. Bob.

Dawn - My heart is hurting for CJ and her family, too. THank you for your prayers.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Praying....

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said...

Thanks for rallying others to pray for CJ and her son (and her legal counsel).....I will do just that. I have no clue how to do links or youtubes or anything fancy beyond type and pray....So, prayer it is!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Sarah and JOdi - Thanks for your prayers!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray for my daughter who may have her son taken from her tomorrow 10/31/08. The father left for years and now is back and wants his son, not his daughter. I feel a man who leaves his children and only wants the son should never be given any custody. My daughters lawyer told her she nothing wrong and did everything right. The father has a better lawyer. Anyone reading this now, please pray for my daughter so she does not lose her son. For the record, she is a good mom and has been there for both her children 24/7. She loves them with all heart. This is tearing them all apart. My grandson is very loving and deserves the best, his Mom. Please pray. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page