Friday, July 13, 2007



Thoughts

It's been quiet around this blog lately.

I'm enjoying the summertime. It's nice to have everybody home again. TP is working two jobs, but the full-time one isn't exactly giving her the hours she needs, so she may pick up a job as a waitress. Her new boyfriend spends a lot of time at our house - he eats here almost every night! - but we enjoy having him around because he's a nice young man who's very helpful and who has a great sense of humor. DQ wasn't able to find a job this summer, so she's been helping me out a lot around the house. She's joining the marching band at school, so we purchased a trumpet a few weeks ago, and she's now taking lessons. This should be VERY interesting when she heads off the band camp because this girl absolutely wilts in the heat and doesn't have much stamina whatsoever. But, she's very determined to do this, and I'm looking forward to being a "band parent" - they've already hit me up to volunteer for a few things. My husband had a stress test and some bloodwork done recently - and everything came back normal, which was a relief. He had a heart attack when he was quite young, and it's been awhile since he's had a physical - so his mom kept on bugging him to go in and get a physical. I'm glad he listened to his mom!

I find myself writing in my journal a lot lately. I used to write in it on a daily basis for years, but got away from that habit a few years ago. I forgot how valuable it can be to put down thoughts and feelings without worrying about punctuation and grammar, and without fearing how things are going to sound to other people. It's just me and my pen and paper - and I'm having fun with it! I have a lot to process, and I"m trying to put a lot of things into perspective, and I'm hoping to eventually share some of what I've written with you.

I trust that all of you are enjoying the summer, too.

6 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger ann said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the summer. I agree that being able to express yourself without judgement from anyone else is a great thing! I'm praying that everything you're concerned about now will have a good resolution!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well, I can join you! Except I'm going to be an Orchestra mom! Mary is going to play the Viola this fall in fourth grade!

Glad you are enjoying the summer. We are also enjoying the weather and time off of school!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie,

I'm so glad that things are calmer for you and for your family and that your daughters are more settled now. I'm also very pleased that your husband's test results are not showing anything untoward. You need this time of family peace and unity, I would go so far as to say that you deserve it!

Summer hasn't really begun here in England,well, not in the Midlands, we've had 2 days of sunchine in the last 2 weeks!

Be blessed my friend, and enjoy your summer and your family :-)

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Trumpet Girl!!! Keep up posted on the trumpet playing. Trumpet players rock!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Glad you're enjoying your summer. I am too.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like you're having a nice summer!

I'm becoming a football mom this year. I guess I'm going to join the Booster Club. I don't have a clue what that means, but I suspect I'll find out!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page