Thursday, July 05, 2007



My Second Mom

The woman on the left is one of my very dearest friends. She was my mom's best friend for the last several years of my mom's life. We reconnected about 7 years ago, and she came back into my life during a time in which I needed a "mom" desperately. She's an MSW like myself, and we are similar in other regards. She has been such a source of strength and comfort to me over the past several years, but especially this past year and a half where I've been in so much turmoil over my home situation. I'm the "monkey" in the middle of this photograph, and the lady to the right is another wonderful friend whom I have made over the past four years. We were sitting together at my sister's 40th wedding anniversary, and we had so much fun together! I just want to say "thank you" to my dear friend, for helping me through the tough times and letting me know that I am handling things the right way with my family. I love you!!!

11 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

She sounds like such a blessing to you. by the way, I sent you an email but it was returned saying that you are over your quote in your inbox.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger ann said...

How wonderful to have a second mom. I'm not sure what I will do if the time comes that I feel I need a mom again. My husband is a very typical male - doesn't like to talk about "issues". He, like many others, is of the mind-set that if you pretend there's no problem, then there's no problem! Yeah, right! He's a good man, though in other ways. It looks like you were having a good time. I have a wonderful friend, an older woman, who lives in Wisconsin. She lived here and we worked together for several years and became close. If she lived closer now, I think she would be very much a part of my life. I miss her. She moved up there after her husband died and now lives with her sister. You are blessed to have someone.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Outstanding.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious gift God sent you in the form of your dear friend!

I love the picture; of how you and your *2nd Mum* are joined together across that table...your arms shaped like a bridge to one anothers hearts.

Beautiful!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You look like your having a wonderful time together!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! You look so radiant in this photo!

Love ya!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

You're so lucky to have such good friends. And you do look like you're having a wonderful time. :)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Darlene - Yes, she is a blessing, in more ways than one. Thanks for alerting me about my email problem!

Ann - I didn't realize how much I missed having a mom in my life until I reconnected with this lady! She's truly been a Godsend!
But, your loss is so new and fresh, so it may take time before you decide to seek out that kind of relationship again.

BWH - Yup.

Deb - What an eloquent way of describing the picture and the relationship!

Sarah - We were having SO much fun!

Paula - "Radiant" = sunburned! I was a little bit flushed from being out in the sun in the morning.

Tammy - So good to hear from you again!!!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Hi Valerie! I love the photo. You know, I ought to pray that the LOrd would send me a 2nd "mama"...every girl needs one. He has certainly blessed you.

Hugs,
Vicki

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a very cute picture.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Where would we be without friends....

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page