Tuesday, May 20, 2008



"Mom"

I drove up to Michigan on Saturday and came back on Sunday - I picked up my "Mom" so that she could come down for a visit this week. It's Grandparent's Day at my youngest daughter's school today, and DQ asked her "grandma" to come down and be her guest of honor at all of the festivities.

"Mom" is a remarkable lady. She was my mother's best friend, and I spent a lot of time with her when growing up because she has a daughter my age. She is a social worker like myself. After my mom died when I was 14, we kept in touch until after I got married. About 7 years ago, we resumed our friendship, and I can't begin to tell what it's been like having her back in my life again. I had really missed having a mother figure all of those years, so having her presence in my life especially over this past month or so has been such a blessing. She has been so kind and loving and supportive through this recent crisis. This visit had been planned months ago, but I don't think it's a coincidence that she's here with me, right now, when I need her the most.

So, today, she gets to have the honor of being my youngest daughter's grandma at school. Last night, she gave my daughter a couple of unexpected and beautiful gifts. DQ was speechless as she opened the card and gifts. It's so touching to watch the bond between these two special women in my life. DQ is basking in all of this love and attention, and rightfully so, because she has suffered a lot the past few years.

"Mom" - I love you so very much. And I thank God for your presence in my life.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome that you have a "Mom" figure in your life. I don't really believe much in coincidence either! I can imagine what a blessing it is for you now to have her close when you're going through such difficult times. I continue to pray for you and your family and believing that TP will come back soon!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page