Friday, September 30, 2005



RACISM - PART II

Please meander over to Stacy's blog to read two of her recent posts at http://notadesperatehousewife.mu.nu. The first one I want you to read is entitled "A New Racism" done on September 29th. Please read the comments section, and leave your thoughts on this subject. Then, read the post for today, September 30th, which is entitled "Racism Again". Stacy highlighted some of my remarks in her post (thanks, Stacy). So, again, please feel free to leave a comment for Stacy there, and you can even come back here to comment.

As The Gray Tie commented about my recent post about racism - "ah, a cliffhanger". I originally didn't intend for it to be a cliffhanger, but this week has been very stressful, so I didn't have the energy to post about it. I promise to work on it this weekend. Life happens, huh?

It's a gorgeous fall evening out there, and I plan to sit out on the enclosed back porch for awhile, just enjoying God's beauty. The house is quiet this evening - TP is at work, and hubby has taken DP to a football game. I needed some time by myself, so here I am.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

7 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Gayla said...

Hi Valerie. :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I would be happy (and honored) to answer any questions you may have about my adoption. I actually have a pretty cool story!

You can e-mail, if you'd like, at angelmom@swbell.net

I'm gonna catch up on reading your blog tomorrow. Tonight, I'm exhausted! Time to chill out for some Friday night TV.

God bless~

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

I'll head over to Stacy's to read that, and then I think I just might go for a walk in the fall breeze with my sweetie.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger My Kid's Mom said...

Hi Gayla - I'll email you probably within the next week or so, ok? Enjoy your relaxing evening!

Hi Darlene - It's good to hear from you! Enjoy your walk outside - this is my favorite time of year!

Love, Val

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hope you have managed to recharge your batteries a little over the weekend...

I flaked out this afternoon for an hour - should have made me feel better but I am even more tired now than before..

Still - Ho hum - such is life...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I always thought life was what happened outside, while I was inside on the toilet.

Never mind. Perhaps, once again, I've said too much...

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Tyra said...

Valerie thank you so much for your kind post at my blog. I will take your advice to heart and call my doctor today for an appointment. I did lose weight on Wellbutrin, I lost around 10 pounds the first month because I had some side effects at first. But it did wonders for my depression. I've heard about that seasonal thing and it definetly sounds like something I struggle with.

As far as church, maybe I just need to focus on getting myself somewhere before I worry about dragging the kids.

Take care and thank you!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger The Gray Tie said...

Take your time, we'll be here when you're ready.

Oh and by the way, I have finally gotten around to blog rolling you. SHeez. Tooke me long enough! Sorry.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page