Friday, September 30, 2005



Take Me Away

Oh boy, it's been quite a week. The hormonal ups and downs of teenage girls are making me dizzy and exhausted. Add to that, the uncertainties of hubby's job, attending two conferences for CEU's, a dog with serious separation anxiety disorder, and a headache that just won't quit - and you have one lady who's about ready to finish off a six-pack (and I don't even drink).

The phone doesn't stop ringing. There seems to be at least two dramas/crises a day. My empathy has dried up, and my "active listening" skills have regressed to "Just get to the point now, please". I wake up in the morning, groan, and say "Do I have to be a Mom today?". My favorite phrase seems to be "Oh great, just what I need right now". Everybody seems to want a part of me, and I seem to want NO part of them. What I want/need more than anything right now is a week away, in a small bungalow by the beach - and no cell phone, land-line phone, computer, or human bodies. Just me, myself, and I - and the waves lapping at the shore.

But, the likelihood of that happening would be like Jesse Jackson saying how much he admired and loved President Bush. Not. Gonna. Happen. Any suggestions for this little ole' mamma whose hair turned gray a long time ago, and who just wants Calgon to take her away?

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger ukok said...

Valerie, you just described my daily life...you mean, there's a nother way of living?

:D

God Bless.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

You are not alone.
This week a friend told me there is time to do the things God has called you to do. Jesus did not heal everyone. There were many things he did not do. But at the end, He prayed that He had completed the work got gave Him to do.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

I've got a spare room with a not-half bed in it. You can have it for a week if you want it! No ocean view and no mountains to climb but quiet is everywhere...

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page