Saturday, October 29, 2005



I'm Tired

I've been so busy the past few days, which seems to be true fora lot of my blogging buddies. I guess it's that time of year. . .

I am just going to make a few comments about things - kind of like a hodge-podge - so this really isn't going to about just one particular subject. It might not even be coherent, as I've been battling a killer headache all day.

TP is getting her graduation pictures done tomorrow. I also decided to have our family picture taken at the same time. We used to do that every year when the kids were litttle, but we haven't done it for five or six years, so I guess it's time. We are going to take some outside, so I am hoping for good weather.

DQ has a friend over this weekend who is VERY dramatic (worse than DQ, aka Drama Queen). She's also the kind of kid who says she never shops at WalMart, or she never eats meat, or she never has milk in her cereal - you get the picture. She also walks around singing in her opera voice, and strikes poses for added emphasis when she's talking about the latest compliment she has received from a teacher. DQ just eats all this up, and it takes several days to "calm" DQ down after this friend leaves. All in all, this friend has stuck by DQ through good times and bad, and I've known this girl for years, so I do love her dearly. It's just that she doesn't "mix" very well with this killer headache, 'ya know!

Lately, I swear I have ADD. I have so many projects going around the house, so many different tasks which require my attention, and it just seems like I never get anything done (which is ridiculous because I am busy so much of the time). I am not sure what's going on, but it's driving me absolutely nuts. It's like I'll start something but not quite get it done, then start something else, and then find yet something else to do. I've gotta get this under control because I can't stand having so many loose strings dangling at the same time.

This was the first week of my hubby's new job, and he seems to enjoy it. Let's hope this one lasts a long, long time.

And, on the political front. . . wait, I don't usually discuss politics here. Suffice it to say that I find all the crap that's being pulled right now is pretty sickening, and it leaves me wondering what kind of legacy my generation is leaving for our kids and grandkids. The Anchoress has written a really good post about this, in response to a Peggy Noonan article - both of those women are so articulate. The Anchoress' article can be found at www.theanchoressonline.com and it is entitled "The Art of the Painless Coup".

So, that's it for tonight, folks. Not very articulate, but it's all I can muster for now.

Have a relaxing Sunday.

4 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't those dramatic picky kids just drive you crazy! LOL
Have a great weekend

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm loving the drama queen, she sounds fun.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Valerie, I just read something I wrote about 5 years ago and it was about asking God to manage my time for me. I've been doing that since then and it truly helps. Just a thought...

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Mrs. D - They sure can drive me crazy, but usually I'm able to go with the flow!

Darlene: Yes, she can be fun (but annoying, too) - it just depends on my mood, and Saturday, I just wasn't being very tolerant!

Carol: The Anchoress was the very first blog I ever read - and I felt a special kinship with her - she know HOW to say what I would love to be able to put into words.
And yes, it must be overwhelming at times for you having to be responsible for everything - don't you just wish somebody would come along that could just take over, at times??? Sometimes, I wish I could clone myself so everything could get done! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Hi Gina - Good to hear from you again! Yes, I have to let go a little and let God kind of take over for me. But meanwhile, there is so much I have to get organized. . . (old habits die hard!).

Hi Barbara: I didn't use to get into politics, but over the past few years, I've become extremely interested and sometimes too vocal aobut things. It rubs my sister the wrong way as she is very liberal, and she gets very defensive if I even bring up politics. Oh well.

Tyra: Excellent point about finishing one and then getting on with the next one - and you know, I've been really trying to do that lately. I am beginning to find that it really helps if I do stay focused on one thing until I am totally done with it. A simple concept, but hard to implement.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page