Monday, October 10, 2005



A Great Time Was Had By All

TP had a great time! The whole senior class went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant (yup - all 13 of them!) before the dance, and the food was excellent. I guess that the boy whom TP has liked for a long time took one look at her, and he must have liked what he saw because he couldn't keep his eyes off her during the whole dinner. All the kids commented on how beautiful she looked, which of course, made her feel wonderful. After dinner, TP stopped in at the restaurant where she worked just to say "hi", and then she went on to the dance.

Apparently, there is a sophomore guy who's had a crush on TP, so he asked her to dance almost all the dances. Later in the evening, he asked her out on a date - but TP isn't all that interested in him (the maturity level is a big concern). Nonetheless, it did help to lift her spirits even more. She spent the night at a friend's house, and came home yesterday morning exhausted.

Anyway, I am just so relieved that she was able to enjoy herself so much.

My husband has pretty much decided which job he is going to take, so I am hoping he'll feel less pressure over the next couple of weeks before he starts working there. It may work out that he'll be able to take off a week in between jobs, and that would help him be refreshed when he does start at the new place.

DQ worked all weekend on school projects. I have never seen her this motivated to do school work before! It is a joy and a wonder to watch her.

Today is kinda cloudy out, so I am not exactly motivated to get much done, although my to-do list seems to grow more each and every day. I wish there were two of me so I could accomplish twice as much. . .

5 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

Oh, I'm so happy for TP! She is one brave wonderful girl you got there (but I have a feeling you have TWO like that!) I'm so glad she went and I can't wait to see the pictures!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Good news is always nice. Glad you're pleased, well for now. ;)

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Isn't that GREAT for TP! Oh, the heart stopping excitment of first love! I doubt I could stand it LOL

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's wonderful that TP had such a nice time at the dinner and the dance!

Also, way to go DQ. You must be so proud.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

It's gray and yucky here too, and cold. Well, cold by my terms anyway, it would probably be downright balmy to you!

Oh, and Barbara- sophomore is two years younger than senior.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page