Wednesday, October 19, 2005



Tagged Again!

Tyra, at www.threedarlingsmomma.blogspot.com, has tagged me. Because she's a sweetie, I am happy to do so. I am supposed to tell my readers 20 things about myself, and then tag as many people as minutes it took to complete this assignment. Well, I am not going to tag anybody else, unless they really, really want to do this! (Besides, it will probably take me a couple of hours to complete this, and I don't have 120 blogging buddies).

Okay, here goes:
1). I am a "cradle" Catholic, who left the church for several years, and came back after a series of events left me without purpose to my life and I was searching for a reason to live.
2). My faith is now the cornerstone of my life.
3). I love chocolate.
4). I can play piano and sing (but not necessarily both at the same time).
5). When we were first married in 1975, my husband and I had $5.00 a week left over for groceries. It's amazing what you can do with $5.00. Have you ever had stuffed baked tomatoes (with liver stuffing)?
6). We have a Bichon named Katy, who is so attached to me, that she follows me from room to room all throughout the day (yes, even the bathroom!).
7). I am humbled by my clients, who share their incredible stories of pain and survival, and who have a strong desire to put their lives back together again.
8). I learn something new everyday. That is a good thing because I forget something every day.
9). I love Dr. Laura (hence, the name of my blog).
10) The only prime-time TV show I watch is "ER". Love that Dr. Kovach, but I still miss Dr. Green.
11) I used to sell real estate - worst job of my life. Don't ask.
12) I have fibromyalgia. It's not fun.
13) I have learned that my daughter's chronic illness has drawn us closer as a family, and strengthened our faith.
14) My favorite color is burgundy.
15) If I could do it over again, I would become a doctor.
16) I am glad we don't get the chance to do it over again - who knows how that version would turn out?
17) My mom died when I was 14. I still miss her.
18) One of my favorite things to do is to spend an afternoon shopping in antique stores.
19) I am still in love with my husband after 30 years of marriage.
20) I love being a mom.

There you have it! Please feel free to write 20 things about yourself now!

5 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger ukok said...

I really enjoyed reading your 20 things, Valerie :)

My dog follows me to the bathroom too. She used to have to sit on my knee to stop her scratching my legs trying to get my atention, but I got her out of that!

God Bless!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

I like your attitude about memory loss. I'm also forgetting things as often as I learn them. :-)
Are you still Catholic, or did you come back to a Protestant denomination? Just curious.
Thank you for sharing.
Sorry about the fibromyalgia.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Ukok: Thank you - it was fun to do (although I had to wrack my brain to come up with 20). Blessings to you!

Tyra - You are welcome - and I agree that it helps to get to know a fellow blogger better. Have a great day!

Julana - I am still Catholic. Even though this religion has "issues", I think all religions do as well. I love our traditions, and even though there are a couple of teachings that I kind of disagree with, I still uphold them. Thanks for your comments. And the fibromyalgia is such a part of my life anymore that I have learned how to cope.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

I have a great appreciation for my Catholic friends. I envy you some of the traditions that give shape to your life.

I just found a post at this site by a man whose wife has fibromyalgia:

http://theconstructivecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2005/10/seeing-invisable-disabilities.html

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger HeyJules said...

I still miss Dr. Green, too! And yes, Gracie also follows me into "every" room in my house!

That was fun to read. I can't believe I didn't know about the fibromyalgia. See, I learned something new about you today.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page