Monday, October 03, 2005



UPDATE

Thank you for all your suggestions as to how to "cope" with all that's been going on recently. The good news is that things are looking up. The job situation is in the process of getting resolved (but still say some prayers, please, that all works out well), and the teenager angst is seemingly better. DQ's first interim report from her new school was wonderful - and it is a joy to see her so motivated to doing well there. And TP's extreme moodiness lately can be attributed to, I think, the tapering off from the prednisone meds. Even though this weaning process has been very gradual, her body is still reacting to not having such massive doses being pumped into it. So, I am taking her to her general practitioner to have her evaluated for an antidpressant to take on a temporary basis to help her get through this process. When I explained to her that all of this is "normal" given what she's been through, she seemed so relieved. It was like a huge weight had been lifted from her - I could tell it really bothered her that she has been so negative and "witchy" lately. It's just not like her at all. And, when I put it in that framework, it helped me to not take all of this so personally as well.

Anyway, what I decided to do to help myself, is to go home to Michigan for a short vacation in the middle of the month. I will take the girls with me, and we'll stay at my in-laws, who have a place right on the shores of Lake Michigan. It will be beautiful there at this time of year! I will also be attending a service for the mother of my two best friends when I was growing up. They were my neighbors, and this mom was kind of like a second mother to me way back when. She died last week, and they have postponed the service until all the relatives can make it up there.

So, I am looking forward to getting away from here for awhile, back to my childhood home. We are all excited about it. My dog is, too. If I don't take her, she will have a major setback with her separation anxiety disorder!

Thanks, again, everybody! I feel so loved. . .

9 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger ukok said...

I have a 'witchy' teenager who has no such excuse for being so!

bless her!

And God Bless you!

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

You feel so loved because you are.

Enjoy that vacation and if you see my best friend running around in Cedar Springs, tell her I said hello and that I miss her!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm glad things are looking up, and I hope the get away time is relaxing.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Glad things are working out. Have a good, relaxed time on Lake Michigan. Breath in fresh air and remind yourself of all the things you are thankful for.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry that I haven't been by in a while. Sorry to hear TP is having a hard time with her med changes. I remember Anna being extreamly cranky when they dropped her prednison all together.

Sorry to hear about your friends mother. Hope you all have a good time visiting your hime town.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Enjoy your trip; you're not hitchhiking are you?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

Our son cried for hours many days while he was on steroids. I don't blame her for acting differently.

We lived in Holland, MI, for 18 months. My husband grew up there. It is beautiful on the lake, any time of year. Good for you!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Thanks for stopping by and sharing.

You have a nice get away. Sometimes home is what you need to get you both humble and confident.

It is always good for me to go back where I aint the only one wearing a big white hat.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Have a good time on your mini-vacation taking care of you!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page