Thursday, November 10, 2005



UPDATE ON TP

I am home again for a few hours, to take a shower and take a "power" nap. My husband is staying with TP in the meantime.

This is just a quick update - I will write more in depth when things setttle down.

TP was in really bad shape yesterday, and her condition deteriorated quickly late yesterday afternoon. She has sepsis (an infection in her blood). Her blood pressure dropped to 98/22 at one point in time, and her fever remained extremely high (between 104-105). She vomited continuously, and they were having difficulty keeping her hydrated. She was so listless, almost unresponsive. They made a decision to transfer her to PICU, and when we got there, they wouldn't allow me to go back to her room because they had to get her hooked up to all the machines, etc. Of course, throughout the day, I had been praying, and that intensified as I was sitting there in the waiting area. I began praying the rosary, a beautiful Catholic prayer. When I was finally able to go back there 30 minutes later, TP was alert, her BP was within acceptable limits, and her temp had fallen to 102. The power of prayer. . . Also, later that evening, a close personal friend of the family who happens to be a priest, came by and gave TP the Sacrament of the Sick. TP was very aware at this time of our friend and of the significance of this sacrament, and she gained an enormous amount of peace and comfort from the administering of it.

Words can't begin to describe the horror of watching your child be so ill; nor can they describe the power behind prayer and faith.

Please continue to pray for her recovery (she's stable now, and we are praying that she continues on the upswing, but we're still uncertain about the cause of the infection). I'll try to write again tomorrow.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your friendhip and support and prayers. You are great!!!

6 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Barbara just emailed me and I came straight over.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters' suffering. I am in prayer for TP and for you and your hubbie.

Thanks be to God that the priest gave her the Sacrament of the Sick, this will surely strengthen your dear child.

Praying for you all!

God Bless and give you peace.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Pilgrim said...

I'm so glad the news is good, so far. I will continue to pray for your daughter.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

I am standing shoulder to shoulder with all our sisters in Christ in prayer and supplication. Father, please continue to heal TP. We know you have great plans in mind and we know that in her healing you will get great glory. To You be all Glory and Honor and Praise, In Jesus name, amen.

Valerie, I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner. I will keep your family in prayers.
love you greatly,
gb

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

We have GOT to come up with some kind of blogger prayer alert thing so we know when our buddies are in trouble!

Oh Val, I'm SO relieved to hear things are better with TP but will continue to pray until you both get back home.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger ukok said...

Jules, that is an excellent idea, we need an emergency email system or something.

Anyone got any ideas ?

God Bless.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Know that TP is being lifted up in prayer, and that she is safe in the arms of God.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you for your thoughts...

Back to the main page